Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Power BI Desktop freeze after signing in after opening the desktop app with a custom user

Hello,

I have a problem with my Power Bi Desktop app, with versions after April 2023.

I'm working on an VM and start Power BI desktop with a custom User ( its an dbo user, so not my normal windows user). The desktop app opens just fine. Now I want to login with my work AD account, so I can publish reports to the service. After I sign in, Power BI freezes and I have to kill it with the taskmanager. 
I searched the community and found that this problem occurs since the may 2023 version, but none of the newer versions fixed that bug. So I am still working with the April 2023 version.
Is there any solution for this Problem?

kind regards

Marvin

The solution was provided, now this thread would be closed.

If you have further questions,you may ask me reopen it.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi  @MarvinWehr ,

Here are a few solutions that have worked for others facing similar issues:

Disable Certificate Revocation Check: Add in DisableCertificateRevocationCheck = 1HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Power BI Desktop.
Internet Explorer Settings: In Internet Explorer, go to Options > Security > Local Intranet > Sites > Advanced and add https://office365.mycompagny.com. Also, in Internet Explorer, go to Options > Advanced and disable "Enable Integrated Windows Authentication".
Install Older Version: Some users have reported that installing an older version of Power BI Desktop (such as the version from August 2020), signing in, and then installing the latest version while staying signed in has resolved the issue.
Clear Cached Credentials: If you’ve previously connected to the published dataset with different credentials or an expired token, cached credentials might cause connection issues. In Power BI Desktop, go to File > Options and settings > Data source settings, and then select Clear Permissions to clear any cached credentials.
Run as Administrator: You can often resolve the issue if you open Power BI Desktop as an administrator before you make the SQL Server connection.

Best regards.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

The solution was provided, now this thread would be closed.

If you have further questions,you may ask me reopen it.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards.