Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Microsoft Card (New) > Format Visual > Callout >Data Units - not maintained when published

Hi, This is possibly a bug in the Microsoft New Card visual, I have a measure value configured how I want it to display within Power BI Desktop (decimal number, 9 decimal places, display units 'None' - this achieves scientific notation not showing). However once this is published the card reverts to display as a scientific notation.

I have another measure that is similar using the same visualisation and this is still fine once published. The problem measure is dividing 1 other measure by another (measure), both of these are set as decimal number.

Here is the desktop (left) page alongside the published (right) page:

image_2023-09-08_124928998.png

Configured card in Desktop:

correctly-displayed-in-desktop.png

I can re-create the same display in desktop by adjusting the display units within the visualisation.

controlling-setting-in-desktop-2.pngcontrolling-setting-in-desktop-1.png

I can only display as the sciencetific notation when using the existing 'Card' visualisation.

I can't seem to find anything else to influence this in the published state.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @electronicpost ,

Can you provide detailed version information so we can reproduce the issue? A sample pbix file would be very useful .(Please be careful not to include sensitive information)

We'll get back to the product team as soon as it's acknowledged as an issue!
Thanks in advance!

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @electronicpost ,

Can you provide detailed version information so we can reproduce the issue? A sample pbix file would be very useful .(Please be careful not to include sensitive information)

We'll get back to the product team as soon as it's acknowledged as an issue!
Thanks in advance!

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

hb-webdev
Advocate I

I'm trying to display ZERO decimals. I've set the value as "Whole Number". But it keeps showing 2 decimals. I can't find a stting in the Card (new) where I can set the number of decimals....Very annoying. Seems like a bug to me too. Or I'm blind.

EDIT: Oh brother...I found it. Even though I only have 1 Callout value (Can you have more? Whatever.) I have to SPECIFICALLY SELECT MY VALUE in the Callout values formatting section. This reveals a previously-hidden Value decimal places field....................🙄

hbwebdev_0-1713463666252.png