Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

May 2020 version Power BI Desktop - ESRI ArcGIS maps settings ignored

The settings of the Esri ArcGIS map are ignored. It worked a few days ago, but now it does not anymore. I tested the April 2020 and May 2020 version of Power BI Desktop, but the April version works fine. It seems to be broken in May. 

I have a dataset with addresses in Belgium. The map's Location Type settings are set to "Boundaries, One Country, Belgium, Postcodes2". The location data contains 2 digit post codes.

The map is zoomed at The Netherlands (my country) and no data is displayed. If I go into the map's edit screen I see that the setting "Boundaries, One Country, Belgium, Postcodes2" is gone. It now shows "Boundaries, One Country, United States, Zip Codes". 

If I change the settings and press OK, and then Back to report the map shows like it should. If I close my pbix file and reopen it, and go to the page with the map, it shows a blank map of the Netherlands again. The settings do not seem to be saved. 

Comments
waltheed
Solution Supplier

I tested this again with the June 2020 version. It seems to be working again or fixed?

Many thanks!