Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Issue: Unable to publish. Transport error

I have a pbix file with a spreadsheet datasource hosted on Sharepoint.  I've previously published it but am no unable to do so; I received the error "An error occured while attempting to publish (filename): Unable to write data to the transport connection.  An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host."

I tried reducing unneeded tables from the datasource, uploading from the workspace, and publishing to other workspaces available to me.  The other workspaces gave the same error message.  Attempting to pull from the workspace gave this error:

Activity ID: 892c64ff-02d5-4ca9-86ee-109eb53a45ad
Request ID: e4272e71-36b5-3be0-226c-c7e24d0fb5c4
Correlation ID: d61d5607-3515-8431-0114-31baa8aa50ac
Status code: 0
Time: Wed Aug 24 2022 13:39:02 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Service version: 13.0.18945.45
Client version: 2208.4.12891-train
Cluster URI: https://wabi-us-east2-c-primary-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

I'm near the end of my rope here; I can probably manually edit this report in the workspace, but that's not a long-term solution.  Any ideas are appreciated!

Simliar issue has been submited previously(ICM: 321507160), you can share more details about this issue:

1. What is the data source of your report
  2. Whether you can try importing the pbix directly in Service and verify if it successfully imports the model

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Simliar issue has been submited previously(ICM: 321507160), you can share more details about this issue:

1. What is the data source of your report
  2. Whether you can try importing the pbix directly in Service and verify if it successfully imports the model

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

dlacopo

I am also no longer available to apply changes to my report and then publish it. I keep getting the same error: "An error occured while attempting to publish (filename): Unable to write data to the transport connection.  An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host." 

I also tried creating a new report in a new workspace and I can't publish it either. Is there a fix for this issue??

Thank you,

David.

asahelduncan
Regular Visitor

Hi @dlacopo ,

Original Poster here.  My issue seemed to be tied to the amount of memory in my laptop.  After upgrading to a newer one with 32 Gb I'm no longer getting this error.  

For your immediate situation, I did discover that sometimes I was able to publish a report (after getting that error) if I rebooted right before doing so.  

I believe Microsoft needs to be more clear about the system requirements for Power BI, and perhaps provide higher minimum requirements for Power Users.  

dlacopo

Hi @asahelduncan ,

Thank you!

I tried rebooting right after getting the error but it still doesn't work. I will try publishing from a desktop computer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @dlacopo ,

Did you find another solution to this issue? I'm having the same error right now.

Thanks in advance!