Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

India Map on Bing

PowerBI Map.JPG

The India Map shown on the BING in Power BI does not include Arunachal Pradesh & Kashmir in India. It shows in dotted line which should not be the case. It can land us in prisonment & hence need an immidiate fix.

http://www.livemint.com/Politics/zsyF4GBIm2aNDLhi5BY1rK/Wrong-depiction-of-India-map-can-land-violat...

Comments
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion

well pick. Totally agree

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@sandeep2883

This should be related to Bing map but not Power BI. Power BI integrates with Bing to provide default map coordinates. If Arunachal Pradesh & Kashmir are not shown in Bing map correctly, it will also not be shown correctly in Power BI Map visual.

Best Regards,

Herbert

sandeep2883
If that is the case can Microsoft work out this with BING as I could see BING is an Copyright product of Microsoft itself. If its going to take longer time then I am afraid we would need to stop using Maps in our reports. It misguides users.
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@sandeep2883

You can follow this document to report your issue.

India Map on Bing_1.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

sandeep2883

Bing_Map.JPG

I followed your steps & found ,surprisingly, the Bing map shows India with correct boundries. When can we expect the Power BI reflect it correctly.

Thanks in Advance. 

Regards

Sandeep

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@sandeep2883

I take a look at the Bing map again but still show the same result as before. Please see my screenshot below.

India Map on Bing_1.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

Parashivamurthy
Helper I

@BhaveshPatel and @sandeep2883

We are facing the same issue with the built in Power BI map, for one of the goverment vertical projects in India.

As fas as i know, the built-in map show correctly in desktop application but not in Power BI web. and it is dependent on your system language specification. Please set it to English India and try it.

Also, you can go for an alternate solution using custom map with .json files. PFBCustom India Map .json fileCustom India Map .json file

Regards,

Murthy