Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Date Slicer

I currently have a report that has a date column in the table that I should be able to use as a date slicer. When I load the table via direct query, I do have to change the field from text to date and adjust the format to mm/dd/yyyy. Typically, the slicer would show the min and max date in the filter. However, it randomly chooses one date and doesn't show the min and max dates. For example, it shows 1/3/2020-1/3/2020, but there are a range of dates in the table.  When I adjust the filter to 1/1/2020-1/31/2020, it still shows data prior to 1/1/2020, but nothing beyond 1/31/2020. Why would this be happening? I've added another table from the same db/source (not joined) that allows for the date slicer to display appropriately with min and max dates, as well as filtering correctly. I'm unsure of the fix for this issue. I will need to use this in direct query and will not be switching to import.

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@KWelsh8144 

I cannot reproduce the issue. Re-create the report with the latest version of Power BI Desktop and raise a support ticket for assistance if necessary.