Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Datasource credentials not unique per dataset

It seems as though each datasource for the same server-db combo cannot be unique to a dataset.

I have 2 different reports, 2 different datasets, pointing to the same server-db, with different credentials. It seems as though this is not possible.

So my problem is as follows:

Report A with dataset A with Datasource for server x and db y.

Report B with dataset B with Datasource for server x and db y.

When I change the credentials for the Datasource for dataset A to user "user1" and "password1", the credentials for dataset B's datasource seem to make the same change.

Does anyone have any insight into this? Is this not possible?

PS. I did have datasets with the same server-db with different credentials for a while, and It worked fine. It seems as though this is a change that occurred recently. 

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@TBardien 

Each user can only have one set of credentials per data source, across all of the data sets they own. You may also create a support ticket for assistance if necessary.

germansantana

I have the same problem but with a bigquery datasource. Seems that only a datasource per type(bigquery,db,etc..) is allowed an each new dataset points to the same datasource.

It could be very useful if multiple datasources of the same kind could be configured.