Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Dataflows in Lineage view

The lineage view in Fabric is confusing to me when using data flows.

If I have a lakehouse, and I create notebooks in the lakehouse, I see the notebooks downstream from the lakehouse.  Any datasets that I create also become downstream of the lakehouse.

But if I use a dataflow to ingest data from a different source, not is the dataflow not associated with the specific lakehouse(s) I'm using it to populate, but the "generic" lakehouse is shown as upstream of the dataflow instead of downstream.

Can someone help me understand how I should be thinking of the lineage diagram in this instance, and how it impacts the notifications on upstream/downstream changes?

Hi @timothyeharris 

One thing I don't really understand, you said that using a data stream to ingest data from different sources is not that the data stream is not associated with a specific lakeshore(s), that means that the data stream is not associated with that lakeshore, so why take into account upstream/downstream variations?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @timothyeharris 

One thing I don't really understand, you said that using a data stream to ingest data from different sources is not that the data stream is not associated with a specific lakeshore(s), that means that the data stream is not associated with that lakeshore, so why take into account upstream/downstream variations?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao