Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Data gets not actualized in iPad app (In dashboard: yes, in Report No!)

Hello,

unfortunately Data gets not actualized in iPad app (In dashboard: yes, in Report No!).

Please see appended PDF.

Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Its unreliable. I cannot look into the mini-oreview in the dashboard (where the data is actual), i need the report. but there the same data is not up to dtae.

What could be the problem?

brg.

hub2Screenshot_1.jpg000

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@hub2000

I tried several times but cannot repro the same issue on my side. Are you using the latest version 14.0? If the report shows the old data, will it show the new actual data after close and reopen the report?

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

hub2000
Regular Visitor

Hello,

no, i have only V13.9, i will update now.

hub2000
Regular Visitor

its nearly the same problem.

So following steps.

1. data in ipad app and app.powerbi.com is from 13.09.
  2. then in app.powerbi.com i update the dataset
  3. the dashboard in app.powerbi.com says: "updated on 14.9."
  4. the report and the report preview in dashboard shows data from 14.9. (correct)
  5. in the meanwhile the dashboard in the ipad app was updated automatically
  6. the ipad dashboard says: "updated on 14.9."
  7. BUT the report itself and the report preview in dashboard shows data from 13.9. (incorrect)
  8. when i manually update the ipad dashboard (pulling it down) all data is really from 14.9.

It was also the case some days before that no update "with manual update" was made despite new data was availablein app.powerbi.com

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@hub2000

According to this blog, dashboards that are based on Direct Query connections have an automatic update about every fifteen minutes.

Are you make direct query connection to your data source? If not, you can manually initiate a refresh to your tiles by opening the dashboard in the Power BI Mobile app for iOS and pulling down the top of the screen.

Best Regards,
Herbert

hub2000
Regular Visitor

Hello,

yes, its a direct connection to a data source (html web page) with onsite connector.

I will check if in the new version the manual refresh will really work or not.

brg

hub2000