Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Can't Pin Visuals / Pages to a Dashboard

Hello 

I am having an issue pinning certain visuals to a dashboard. 

The pin icon is greyed out with the hover-over 'Read-Only Content Can't be Pinned' for visuals from reports which are connected to our Data models. I do not get this same issue when pinning visuals from reports which are connected to SQL queries or CSVs that I have prepared myself. 

The Data models are stored in a separate Datasets workspace, which I am an admin of. 

A colleague of mine who has the exact same access as myself on the Power BI Service, is able to pin visuals with no issue 

I have tried logging in / out again, deleting reports and re-uploading them, deleting the dashboard and recreating it, switching browsers and clearing cache. I have full access to the workspaces I am working in, and like I already mentioned, our admins have reassured me that in theory I should have the ability to pin these visuals 

We have trawled through the previous posts here and cannot find anyone with the exact same issue 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@Anonymous 

You can't pin tiles from reports that have been shared with you or from Power BI Desktop. Besides, take a look at Use datasets across workspaces.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-chuncz-msft 

Thank you for your response. These reports are neither shared with me, nor am I trying to pin them from Desktop. I am on the online service, and have full access to the dashboard, datasets, and reports in question. A colleague of mine - who has the same access, is able to pin these reports. This colleage did not create these reports (I did) nor did they share them with me. 

I can't seem to find anything that helps with the issue and am starting to believe it could be a bug. Is there a way I can get direct support to show someone the exact issue I am having?