Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Bug in Field Parameters

There is a huge bug when using field parameters whereby the sort order is not maintained when switching between fields. This was addressed in another post and a message was left suggesting this was delivered by ICM 309586486.

However nobody has confirmed which Power BI desktop release this appears in, and the latest version still appears to be broken.

The fix has been completed and this thread will now be closed.

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @LouisV ,

We got feedback from PG team.

”A partial fix for this one is going in this week, which would put the fix around 10/7 and in the next desktop. However even after the fix there will still be some quirks with the selection order - these will likely be fixed with the GA of the field parameters feature sometimes in 2023. “

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

The fix has been completed and this thread will now be closed.

JustSayJoe
Advocate II

This issue has NOT been fixed. It's still happening in April 2023.

arnyarn

This bug still persists

I configured this portion to interact with the parameters from its top 

arnyarn_7-1708508990445.png

here are my parameters 

arnyarn_2-1708508751204.png

and both of these I'm grabbing from tables where the sort orders were already defined

arnyarn_3-1708508789307.pngarnyarn_4-1708508811493.png

but when switching to parameters, the legend order resets itself alphabetically 

arnyarn_5-1708508934176.pngarnyarn_6-1708508946083.png

this does not follow the sort order I've indicated from above. Anyone here who knows what to do to have my legends ordered as indicated?