Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

***BUG*** Text box formatting reverts to default when cleared

Whenever you use a text box on a page in Power BI and then clear its contents to type different text, all formatting that you've applied is erased and reverts back to the original, which is INCREDIBLY annoying and makes it difficult to standardize page headers.

arpost_0-1639064996143.gif

Would love to see this get fixed.

Hi, 

If you have an idea to help to improve the PowerBI, you can go to the Power BI Idea to submit a new idea so that people with the same idea can vote for you. I will also vote for you.

vrobertqmsft_0-1639103278509.png

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

Comments
mellowdude

I'm getting a similar issue with text boxes.

I am also unable to change the font colour of text, as when clicking on the font colour button it just defaults to black. Even text boxes which have a different font colour, I am unable to change the colour to anything other than black. No colour pallet opens when I click the font colour button, so there are no colours to pick from.

bassebus
Regular Visitor

Have the same issue - can't change font color for text box fields. 

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi, 

If you have an idea to help to improve the PowerBI, you can go to the Power BI Idea to submit a new idea so that people with the same idea can vote for you. I will also vote for you.

vrobertqmsft_0-1639103278509.png

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

bassebus
Regular Visitor

Any closer to resolving this issue? It's quite a big issue for me not to be able to change the font color of text boxes, it's an important part of my report visuals. thanks. 

Mo_91

I have the same issue as mellowdude. 

It is not possible to change the font colour of text in text boxes in Power BI service. The problem occurs both with Chrome and with Edge. 

However, it still works in the desktop version., but it is not a solution to always edit the report in the desktop app!