Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Allow us to disable "Request Access" at the Power BI admin level

Our security is driven by Active Directory security groups.  Users who discover reports are prompted with a "Request Access" dialogue box that ultimately goes no where because there is no one to see these requests.  Once they are discovered, they are just cleared out because of the disconnect on how authority is provided to reportsets and who maintains the area where these requests will appear.

This dialogue box actively prevents users from seeking authorisation through proper channels because it gives that user the illusion that that request is a valid method of seeking authorisation.  This creates a poor user experience that could be prevented if we had the ability to disable that request.  This would force the user to seek authorisation through the proper channels.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Please vote this same idea: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/37467409-disable-request-access-feature

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

hebaggio
Employee

Hello,

I'm looking for information on this feature as well. My organization recently changed the permission requirements to be based on AAD groups and today there's no way to avoid the users clicking on that "request permissions" dialog and the workspace admins getting an e-mail to approve access that is not supposed to be used.

The ticket here is marked as Delivered, but I could not find anything in the documentation about such feature. Is it "delivered" just because a link to the ideas website as refered? That idea has only 42 votes and no response from the PBI team even though is almost one year old.

Thanks,

Henrique

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI Henrique, 

I am looking for the same details, did you manage to find where this feature is configured ?

Also does it work on the App level as well ? thanks 

regards

Dims and Facts 

PrakashAlladi

Hello All, I am looking for the same functionality, any update on disabling ?

Thanks

Prakash

nicks
Regular Visitor

This has not been delivered, please go and vote here: https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=8a0586be-7395-4e86-af97-e8cf1a4c6727