Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

dataset directquery request failed - 403 forbidden

Hi all,

I've been struggling for some time with changing live connect to direct query for my dataset. So far I made sure, that 

"Allow XMLA Endpoints and Analyze in Excel with on-premises datasets" and "Users can work with Power BI datasets in Excel using a live connection" is enabled. Also checked to meet these limitations. Once I want to swtich to directquery to my dataset, I'm getting: 

mwroblewski_0-1678791995515.png

Here is part of error, which I find meaning full:

PowerBINonFatalError:
{"AppName":"PBIDesktop","AppVersion":"2.112.1161.0","ModuleName":"Microsoft.PowerBI.AdomdClient.dll","Component":"Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.Authentication.PbiPremiumAuthenticationHandle","Error":"Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnectionException","MethodDef":"TryResolveWorkspaceWithWorkspaceResolver","ErrorOffset":"121"}

InnerException0.Stack Trace Message:
The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.

Hi @mwroblewski ,

With the error message, it's likely a permission problem. What's your data source? Please try to clear the permission in Transform data>data source settings.

vkalyjmsft_0-1678863342051.png

Best regards,

Community Support Team_kalyj

Comments
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @mwroblewski ,

With the error message, it's likely a permission problem. What's your data source? Please try to clear the permission in Transform data>data source settings.

vkalyjmsft_0-1678863342051.png

Best regards,

Community Support Team_kalyj

mwroblewski
Frequent Visitor

I tried different datasets, even an example one with manual input ("Enter data"). The end goal is to have dataset where data source is sql server. As I mentioned even the simplest dataset gives same "Forbidden 403" error message. I'm getting same error while trying to reach dataset via SQL Server Management Studio.