Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Why gateway SharePoint folder is not coming as Optional in power BI services

Hello,

Could anyone help us with this issue?

We need to ask if the gateway for the SharePoint folder is optional then why the “optional” is not mentioned in Power BI services. This is causing the issue for most of our reports where we are using Snowflake and SharePoint folders as data sources.

sonaliverma_0-1674032556776.png

There is some role-level security applied on snowflake due to which we must use the gateway. But now  “Apply” is greyed out because the other two data source( SharePoint) is not coming as optional and we need to have the gateway for these two as well.

Hi @sonaliverma 

It's a known issue .The ICM ID is 360525736 . The engineers are working hard on this issue and I will come back with an update if there is any progress. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @sonaliverma 

It's a known issue .The ICM ID is 360525736 . The engineers are working hard on this issue and I will come back with an update if there is any progress. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-yetao1-msft 

I am also getting the same error, when will this issue be resolved ?

sonaliverma
Advocate I

Hello @v-yetao1-msft ,

Could we please have any update on this.

Jace32

An update on this issue would be great. I am unable to add reports that have on-prem and SharePoint data. This was not an issue 3 weeks ago.