Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Visio Visual not Working

Embedded Visio visual within a Power BI Desktop report is not visible anymore and data can not be assigned to the corresponding shapes. It worked perfectly before and not working in the latest version - 2.114.664.0 64bit (February 2023). Whenever I click on "View in Visio Online" the diagram appears and shows perfectly.
Please share if there is any idea regarding this issue.

Thank you

Hi @Anonymous 

This issue has been fixed in the latest version of PBI Desktop 2.114.803.0 , please update to the latest PBI Desktop latest version and test your visual .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
novicepbixer
Advocate I

Please Microsoft fix this! I have many operational dashboards that use the visio visual and I need to make updates to them.

Jake1131
Regular Visitor
novicepbixer
Advocate I

I just voted for your issue post @Jake1131 . Hopefully they will release a patch in the next update.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @Anonymous 

After testing, the problem you describe does exist. I have escalated the issue to ICM and will come back with an update if there is any progress.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Amine777

Hello, any news or solution about the issue with the visio in power bi ?

Thank you

novicepbixer
Advocate I

@Amine777 I meet with Microsoft every Friday. I have already reached out for an update then. I'll let you know what I hear back. 

Amine777

ok thank you, so now there is no solution to update our reports?

novicepbixer
Advocate I

@Amine777 looks like you can download the last few months updates here: Previous monthly updates to Power BI Desktop and the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

And revert back to an older Power BI verison. Should do the trick. I'm about to try that. 

novicepbixer
Advocate I

That worked. I'm just going to use the December verison of Power BI until the fix.

Amine777

okey Thank you