Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Syntax error with Impala direct query method

I’m facing issues while filtering using any of the "text columns"  in direct query with Impala connector.   Date & Number columns are working fine but all the string columns have issues in query.

Filters applied using -  Slicers,  Page/Report filters,etc.,  

Error Message:

OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSource.Error] ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ImpalaODBC] (110) Error while executing a query in Impala: [HY000] : AnalysisException: Syntax error in line 1:

....`emp_name` AS STRING(30))='test') ) `OTBL` INNER ...

^

Encountered: (

Expected: BLOCK_SIZE, COMMENT, COMPRESSION, DEFAULT, ENCODING, INTERMEDIATE, LOCATION, NOT, NULL, PRIMARY, COMMA

CAUSED BY: Exception: Syntax error

Error Code:
QueryUserError

OData Error Message:
Failed to execute the DAX query.

I’ve tested the same data with import method, which works fine. Issue is only with direct query method.

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@indkumar

Could you please help collect the fiddler traces when perform the repro steps? Also enable tracing in Power BI Desktop and share all the traces to me. You can upload the traces to online file service like OneDrive. A repro screenshot is also preferred.

June Release not showing built-in visuals_1.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

indkumar
Advocate IV

Have added screenshots and PBI trace files into OneDrive.  Review and let me know .

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtuOMvZnt86NjHm-mS9vhWcAj2OL

Note - Havent done fiddler trace yet

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@indkumar

Could you please also provide the fiddler trace for it?

Fiddler.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert