Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sort by column greyed out

I run Power BI training and one bug that always happens randomly through the course is that the Sort By Column button gets greyed out after clicking on an item in the fields pane.

The user then has to then click on something else and click back on the item to get the Sort By Column button to light up.

It appears to happen more often if a visual is selected before then clicking on a column in the fields list that you intend to sort.

Comments
MattAllington
MVP

I teach classes to use Power BI - this happens all the time.

parry2k
Super User

Yes I totally seen this happening. 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

Does the issue happen in Power BI desktop or service? 

I tested with the latest Power BI desktop version 2.71.5523.941 64-bit (July 2019) and Power BI service but not able to reproduce the issue. If the issue happens in Power BI desktop, please update Power BI desktop version then test again. If the issue still occurs, please share a video to clarify the steps for reproducing the issue. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

wynhopkins
MVP

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft 

Power BI Desktop, and has happended in the last 3 or 4 versions of desktop.  

To replicate:

Get Data from a source and load

Immediately drag a couple of items into a visual

Click on an item you want to sort

Go to the modelling view

Sort By will be greyed out

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 136558996. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

I got information from PG team internally that:

"We could repro the issue and we have an understanding on how to fix it. We created the work item to track it. When the fix will be available is to be determined."

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu

wynhopkins
MVP

Great, thanks