Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Some users not able to load PBI service

1. Issues started yesterday.
    1. some have gotten it to work again with the simpler app.powerbi.com url
    2. some have cleared their cache and it works after that
    3. Users that had issues yesterday are having issues again today after it resolving for them yesterday
    4. we have some users even trying a different browser, app.powerbi.com, or clearing cache and it still won't work

Hi all , 

Issue has been solved by whitelisting https://content.powerapps.com

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
BMooreBUNN
Regular Visitor

On prem works too! I think this is the fix at least for us.

rjones
Frequent Visitor

That is was what fixed us as well. Thank you @DLLOCK!

henrikj
Advocate II

It looks like MS has updated the Content Security Policies for app.powerbi.com. The underlined scripts were missing yesterday, causing the included domains to be sent to Umbrella and potentially blocked.

I don't have the issue after the change.

henrikj_0-1701760923297.png

BirdyM
Regular Visitor

We have resolved the issue as well by adding the URL to the Cisco Umbrella.  I'm disappointed that Microsoft has not added this to the list of known issues.  It would have saved a lot of investigation time and frustration for our end users.  It's not acceptable for this kind of issue to arise without it being dealt with in a proper and timely manner. 

AdrianPalumbo_H
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I have the same issue with some of my users in my company of 400~ people.

Not all are affected, but only some are, and this is terribly annoying!

Is there any fix?

rjones
Frequent Visitor

@AdrianPalumbo_H This is from DLOCK who solved it.

" managed to get mine to work by adding content.powerapps.com to my allow list in Cisco Umbrella."

AdrianPalumbo_H
Regular Visitor

@rjones We have not CISCO Umbrella, and everything is allowed currently in our network.

rjones
Frequent Visitor

@AdrianPalumbo_H  Here's a couple other things to try from earlier in this thread. 

1. some have gotten it to work again with the simpler app.powerbi.com url
  2. some have cleared their cache and it works after that (do browsing history and cookies if not all)

At one point v-yetao1-msft (Community Support)  admitted there was a problem and said MS was looking into it. Then she/he abandoned the thread. Never to be heard from again on this topic that I have seen. 

This happened after updating the gateway 11/27.  Some got disable cdn and signon# added to URL. Most of ours seemed to work after clearing the cache but would come back for some folks. That's all I know but if you read up you may see somthing I missed. 

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support

Hi all ,

The redirection is triggered by the Cisco proxy, not Microsoft.  Because it is Cisco's logic. Only Cisco can provide an answer to this. Please advise your customer to request an RCA from Cisco. It is hard for Microsoft to give an RCA for an issue owned Cisco. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

henrikj
Advocate II

@v-yetao1-msft 

The redirect was in our case indeed triggered by Cisco Umbrella, but the casuse of the redirect was that parts of the content security policy were missing, for at least a week. Cisco Umbrella worked as designed, this was due to a botched update of the PBI service.

The RCA should done at Microsoft to determine how you could make a release with an incomplete CSP.  It would be really embarrasing for Microsoft if you should botch a second release in this manner.

Once again, Cicsco Umbrella worked as advertised. It reacted, as it should, on an incomplete URL header that was missing necessary CSP content.