Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Slicer (New) is working with bookmarks differently from the classical slicer

Hi, it seems that there is an issue with "Slicer (New)" visual as it doesn't work in the same way as the classical "Slicer" when combined with bookmarks. See this community post for details - Re: New Slicer / Bookmarks - Microsoft Fabric Community

Hi @Sergii24 

May I ask what version of Desktop you are testing the issue with ? Since the current PBI Desktop has been updated through March version, I need to confirm that the issue is occurring in the latest version. Thanks for your cooperation.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Sergii24 

May I ask what version of Desktop you are testing the issue with ? Since the current PBI Desktop has been updated through March version, I need to confirm that the issue is occurring in the latest version. Thanks for your cooperation.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Sergii24
Super User

Hi @v-yetao1-msft , the version of PowerBI Desktop is 2.127.1080.0 64-bit (March 2024).

The issue happens when:

1. I create a "Slicer (New)", set Slicer Settings -> Single select -> Off
  2. Then create a bookmark that affects all visuals and Data
  3. Select a single value in a "Slicer (New)" (let's say "A")
  4. Click on bookmark to unselect the slicer value
  5. Select another single value in "Slicer (New)" (different from the one in step 3, let's say "B")
  6. As the result both values "A" and "B" are selected in "Slicer (New)" (those from the steps 3 and 5)