Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Problems when connecting to Google Big Query with December update

Problems when connecting to big query views has suddenly started mid december 2022.

These are the error messages:

view_xx

Container exited unexpectedly with code 0x40000015. PID: 18900. Used features: Odbc.DataSource/Microsoft ODBC Driver for Google BigQuery/2.5.0.1001/BigQuery/2.

view_xy

Container exited unexpectedly with code 0x40000015. PID: 15308. Used features: Odbc.DataSource/Microsoft ODBC Driver for Google BigQuery/2.5.0.1001/BigQuery/2.

view_xz

Container exited unexpectedly with code 0x40000015. PID: 10280. Used features: Odbc.DataSource/Microsoft ODBC Driver for Google BigQuery/2.5.0.1001/BigQuery/2.

view_yx

Container exited unexpectedly with code 0x40000015. PID: 18952. Used features: Odbc.DataSource/Microsoft ODBC Driver for Google BigQuery/2.5.0.1001/BigQuery/2.

view_yy

Container exited unexpectedly with code 0x40000015. PID: 15824. Used features: Odbc.DataSource/Microsoft ODBC Driver for Google BigQuery/2.5.0.1001/BigQuery/2.

view_yz

Container exited unexpectedly with code 0x40000015. PID: 19164. Used features: Odbc.DataSource/Microsoft ODBC Driver for Google BigQuery/2.5.0.1001/BigQuery/2.

view_zx

Container exited unexpectedly with code 0x40000015. PID: 6780. Used features: Odbc.DataSource/Microsoft ODBC Driver for Google BigQuery/2.5.0.1001/BigQuery/2.

Any help is appreciated

Ponzo

Hi @Anonymous ,

I didn't find any information about the error code 0x40000015 inside Power BI, you can refer to the following thread to see if it helps.

ms access - How do I get the Simba ODBC driver to run from Excel - Currently get "Unexpected error: Container exited unexpectedly with code 0x40000015.' eror - Stack Overflow

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry I posted a bit to quickly:
This problem occurs in the December version 2.112.603
It works in the November version 2.111.590.0 64-bit (November 2022) .
Ponz

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Anonymous ,

I didn't find any information about the error code 0x40000015 inside Power BI, you can refer to the following thread to see if it helps.

ms access - How do I get the Simba ODBC driver to run from Excel - Currently get "Unexpected error: Container exited unexpectedly with code 0x40000015.' eror - Stack Overflow

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Anonymous
Not applicable

An update here after being in contact with support is that this is a known issue for at least the zone: North Europe Ireland and is worked on atm. /Ponz

Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:
A middle step from support was this answer below and they wanted me to downgrade but we couldn´t find out together which driver my computer actually is using so I keep using the November version stated in comments above.
----
We have received an update from product team that the Google Bigquery driver version 2.5.0.1001  seems to have bugs and is causing crashes with regular Google BigQuery reports and connections. We updated Google BigQuery driver to support AAD connections. Downgrade the driver to 2.4.5.1014 version.

----

And the latest message - not sure what this actually means yet:

------
We have received an update from product team , due to unforeseen issues request has been delayed, As a work around please use November version. We will keep you posted once we have an update from product team.

-----

Ponz

possible-possum
Frequent Visitor

Just adding a comment here to share that I am experiencing the same issue when loading, updating or refrshing BigQuery data in my report. No issues with the same report .pbix on two other machines running older versions. Reverting back to Nov 2022 currently.

Microsoft doesn't make it super easy to find old PowerBI desktopp versions - here's a link for anyone who needs it https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/fundamentals/desktop-latest-update-archive?tabs=powerbi-d... 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Great news one month later!
The cause of this error for us was that we had some Big Query backups  in our GCP project  with table_type='SNAPSHOT'.
Find them with this:
SELECT * FROM `project.dataset`.INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES where table_type='SNAPSHOT'

We removed them and now it works.
A fix is expected later in the spring.

From Microsoft support:
-------------

As per the below queries we found that the snapshot type tables are causing the error, The only mitigation available in power bi December version desktop is to move Snapshot type tables out of the projects that are using with Power BI Or you can continue to use November version desktop.

As per product team we are expecting the fix in March or April version Power bi desktop release.
-----------------------

Best

Ponz
----------------