Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PowerBI Dashboard sharing across multiple domains

Hi,

Is there a way in which we can share dashboards across different domains accessible on web browser as well as powerbi app. Please find the Scenario below.
E.g.Currently we have a domain user registered to powerbi i.e. test@abc.com (domain being @abc.com).This user shares a dashboard with another user of a different domain i.e. testinguser@xyz.com(domain being @xyz.com)

In such a scenario, an internet link gets sent as an email to testinguser@xyz.com. When testinguser@xyz.com clicks on the internet link, then that link opens in the web browser showing a view only dashboard.This is accessible on the web browser but not in the powerbi app.
We would like a workaround solution for cross domain dashboard sharing with accessibility across web browser as well as mobile app along with notifications as well as enabling subscription.

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@bhanu431

I do not think there is such workaround. Please vote on following exising idea.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/13617267-allow-external-users-to-...

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered