Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Power BI was unable to read the application metadata.

Hi,

since Friday September 30th, all my team mates have the same issue.

We get this message:

We do not recognize you. Did you enter your credentials correctly?
TECHNICAL DETAILS
Power BI was unable to read the application metadata. Please check the Power BI service status in the below support page and try again later.
Date and Time: 2023-10-02 11:48:24Z
Activity Id: 4e9379df-bd29-4792-b207-e388a10af71e
Request Id: 5abf3726-bd34-4598-b505-cd0fd42b1f39

I can connect to my own space and my own PowerBI but we're using a link from a client to access their PowerBI and that's what's creating that error message.

I've seen the other posts about the same issue but they don't answer my problem.

On my client's end, everything seems to run smoothly.

On the same date, the logo of PowerBI became Microsoft Fabric's logo. Is the issue linked to that?

Please help as we rely on the date of our client to manage our work load and our efficiency.

Thank you!

Hi  @FabBoulanger 

I am so glad to hear that your issue has been fixed . I will change the status to "Delivered"  .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @FabBoulanger 

Please correct me if I wrongly understood your issue .

You can sign in PBI Service with your account . But when you access the link provided by a client , the error happened , right ? Did you check with them to see if they made any changes? If they can use it so normally, is it possible for them to re-share the corresponding link?

Best Regards,

FabBoulanger

Hi!

In the end, it's a setting that Microsoft changed that affected the data sharing. They fixed it on their end.

Thank you for your reply.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi  @FabBoulanger 

I am so glad to hear that your issue has been fixed . I will change the status to "Delivered"  .

Best Regards,