Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Power BI email Subscriptions not working automatically or manually as of 2020-10-02 13:00 UTC

Hello community!

I have various daily email subscriptions configured across some workspaces I manage in my organization. These subscriptions can vary from once a day to 4 times a day.

As of 2020-10-02 before 13:00 UTC, every subscription worked just fine. After that, none of them worked automatically. I tried sending them manually (Run Now option of the image below) and that didn't work either (I tried it with multiple reports, not just the one that stopped working after the detailed timeframe).

Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 09.04.00.png

I also tried deleting the existing subscription and creating it again, and didn't work.

Also, I've verified that all Microsoft services were online, including Outlook (that I assume is the engine behind the Power BI subscriptions). 

https://portal.office.com/servicestatus

Does anyone know if this is a general situation or this might be an individual organization matter? Thanks in advance.

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just as a follow up, the datasets are working fine as scheduled, it's not a problem of the datasource.

v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

So you haven't modify the report before the issue occurs, right? If so, please check tips below:

• Power BI automatically pauses refresh on datasets associated with dashboards and reports that haven't been visited in more than two months. However, if you add a subscription to a dashboard or report, it doesn't pause even if it goes unvisited.
  • If you aren't receiving the subscription emails, ensure that your User Principal Name (UPN) can receive emails.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, @v-yuta-msft , thanks for your reply and the help.

To answer your question: Yes, I haven't modified the reports before this issue started happening. As a matter of fact, it's not just one report in question, it's every subscription I have in place for multiple reports.

The two points you mentioned have been cleared, one of the reports is in the top 10 of most views in my organization, and regarding the UPN, assuming that you're talking about the owner of the report, that would be me and my email address is clear to receive emails.

Also, this past Sunday the issue happened again, in the same time slot, but with the difference that the subscriptions arrived one and a half hours later than scheduled, and by their own means (All of them, not just one report subscription I didn't need to run them again with the "Run Now" option). Unlike from the original issue were the subscriptions never arrived until noon when the service seemed to be running back up again.

My concern is the lack of monitoring of these subscriptions, there's no option like the dataset refresh to know if the delivery was successful or not.

Thanks again.

andrewpayne

I had same issue today. I report I setup months ago - send every day at 10.30am and then just stops. Nothing received and when run manually, nothing. I have deleted the schedule and re-added but the manual send is not working. This must be on the server side, but we are unable to troubleshoot. Not good enough.