Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Power BI desktop AIFunctions/Text Analytics not working (28-Aug-2023)

Hi there

Text analytics in Power BI stopped working and getting below error. I am using Premium Per User license. Could you please check and advice? Issue started on 28-Aug-2023.

DataSource.Error: An error happened while reading data from the provider: '{"error":{"code":"PowerBINotAuthorizedException","pbi.error":{"code":"PowerBINotAuthorizedException","parameters":{},"details":[],"exceptionCulprit":1}}}'
Details:
DataSourceKind=AIFunctions
DataSourcePath=AIFunctions

vdata_0-1693189397019.png

Thanks

Hi @vdata ,

I can't reproduce it.

Based on the above information, if you are a Power BI Pro licensee, you can create a support ticket for free and a dedicated Microsoft engineer will come to solve the problem for you.
It would be great if you continue to share in this issue to help others with similar problems after you know the root cause or solution.

The link of Power BI Support: Support | Microsoft Power BI

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to How to create a support ticket in Power BI - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @vdata ,

Can you provide detailed version information so we can reproduce the issue? We'll get back to the product team as soon as it's acknowledged as an issue!
Thanks in advance!

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

vdata
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft 

Thanks for looking into this. 

Here is the product version.

Version: 2.120.731.0 64-bit (August 2023)

vdata_0-1693346581993.png

Please let me know if you need more details. Please note it used to work fine and stopped working since about a week. I tried with different data sources (DB, Excel & others) but same issue. I tried in a different system using my credentials for Power BI but still same error.

Thanks

vdata
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft 

Any update on this please?

Thanks

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @vdata ,

I can't reproduce it.

Based on the above information, if you are a Power BI Pro licensee, you can create a support ticket for free and a dedicated Microsoft engineer will come to solve the problem for you.
It would be great if you continue to share in this issue to help others with similar problems after you know the root cause or solution.

The link of Power BI Support: Support | Microsoft Power BI

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to How to create a support ticket in Power BI - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

vdata
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft 

Thanks for your help on this. When its get resolved I will update the details shared by MS power bi support here.

filipametelo
Regular Visitor

Hi @vdata and @v-xiaoyan-msft 

I got the same error but with the Vision - Tag Images.

Can you help me?

filipametelo_0-1694039945018.png

Thanks in advanded!

vdata
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft 

Just an quick update. It started working now. Nothing changed in terms of data or product or system, everything is same but it suddenly started working again. Have no idea for the reason it stopped working for about a month.

Anyhow thanks for your help.

@filipametelo , FYI

filipametelo
Regular Visitor

Hi @vdata

Yesterday, the AI ​​functions also started working without having done anything.

Thanks for the update!