Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Power BI Very Slow Refresh !!

Peerapholk_0-1708923342003.png

Normally it take 30 minutes to refresh but on saturday, sunday it takes up to 3-4 hours. Is there any power bi service issue? or any idea to investigate the issue ? 

Hi  all

We have seen on the internal platform that other engineers have reported this issue and submitted it. 

The engineers on the product team are now aware and will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient!

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi  @Peerapholk 

No other users have responded to this so far, have you had a long refresh today ? According to your refresh log, the refresh was completed normally, indicating that there is no problem with the relevant configuration involved in the refresh. Did you set up any other refreshes during that time of the refresh? Parallel refreshes may result in insufficient memory and slow refreshes. 

You can also troubleshooting your issue through the Microsoft offical document .

Troubleshoot report performance in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Peerapholk
Regular Visitor

@v-yetao1-msft 

Thank you for your response. Indeed, there have been several dataset refreshes occurring during that period under usual circumstances, with no new datasets created. However, I am uncertain about identifying which specific dataset is causing the overload during refreshes.

I am utilizing the P2 Premium capacity, and below information is derived from the capacity metric.

Peerapholk_0-1709001465303.png

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support

Hi @Peerapholk 

What is the corresponding data source for the dataset? Is there a significant delay in refresh time for all current datasets?

Best Regards,

cedar
Frequent Visitor

Hi

I have the same issue but worse. Our report on Power BI service takes more than 18 hours to refresh and then fails due to a timeout issue. I've published it to another workspace and it took only 2 minutes to refresh the report in the new WS. I've tried everything, including changing the owner, upgrading the gateway, etc.

My WS is on premium capacity located in Australia East.

Re: Poor Refresh Performance only in Service - Microsoft Fabric Community

Semantic model refreshs forever - but in desktop i... - Microsoft Fabric Community⁤

Peerapholk
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft  My dataset load data from Bigquery, and from my observe the delay in dataset refresh varies depending on the size of the data.

@cedar In this case already marked as known issue right? i hope they gonna fix it as soon as possible.😥

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi  all

We have seen on the internal platform that other engineers have reported this issue and submitted it. 

The engineers on the product team are now aware and will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient!

Best Regards,

Peerapholk
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft 
Thank you very much , Do you have ETA ?

Endot

Hi @v-yetao1-msft 
Today, I still found this issue on my refresh data that have any update that issue, I tried many time to refresh data only one day, normally using about 5 min to refresh data but today spent like 1 hr to refresh data, I already checked usage utilization that not over 100%