Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Service displaying 1889 date instead of blank as shown in Desktop report

Power BI service is not displaying what is being published from the desktop tool. Blank dates are appearing with an 1889 date as instead of the blank as shown in image below. This has appeared recently and may become a show stopper for us and our clients using the application. Please resolve this as soon as possible. Thanks J

PowerBI Service Blank date error.jpg

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I was not able to reproduce the issue on my side. I created a report in the latest power BI desktop version with entered data. You can download our test report and publish to your Power BI service to see if the same issue occurs.  

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Thanks for sending through the test pbix file. I've tested the file and it seems to be ok. My report still showing odd 30/12/1889 date reference for blanks. Could it be something to do with the source? It's fed from an OOData query from Dynamics NAVISION. Could there be something wrong with the dates there I wonder?

PowerBIBlankDateError.jpg