Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Report Builder Default View Bugs on 10 Aug 2021

Hi all,
Today, on 10 Aug 2021, When opening Paginated Reports in web page with "Default View", we have encountered this issue: All column position have been shifted by one column to the right:

DataBI123_0-1628568887223.png

With View -> Page view, layout is dissplay correctly:

DataBI123_1-1628569075742.png

Is there any known bugs for this issue? Please help!

Thanks,

Comments
Jared_BI
Regular Visitor

Hi @DataBI123,

I have found this issue too. Our reports that have been published in the service are now (since this month) misaligned. The columns are pushed along one to the right, on one report the header row of the table was also shifted the full width of the report off the page to the right.

As you say, when downloading a PDF, or using page view, the report is still rendered correctly. In the app the report is rendered correctly. And, uploading a new copy to the service under a new name does not help. 

v-yingjl
Community Support

Hi @DataBI123 ,

Could not reproduce it in my side as far as my test. Both of the view modes work fine in Power BI Service.

1.png2.png

Testing Report Builder version: 2021/8/6(15.7.1678.1)

Try to change the paragraph settings of columns and update the Report Builder Version to check.

3.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Jared_BI
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yingjl 
I think the difference is @DataBI123 has row groups in their report. 
Creating a table without groups works fine for me also

Screenshot 2021-08-11 125936.png

When adding a row group, it renders as expected in the app:
Screenshot 2021-08-11 123810.png

But the header misaligns in the service
Screenshot 2021-08-11 123721.png

But still renders fine in page view

Screenshot 2021-08-11 123950.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Guys,

I have the same issue since yesterday, which is extremeley frustrating .. Is there a workaround found as of yet besides what people already discussed? Do we think that this is an Microsoft related issue and they will try to fix the bug?

Your answer is much apreciated.

Venkatasudheer

Hello All,

Having the same issue from couple of days. 
Today when I opened the report, everything seems fine. 
The issue is intermittently happening. 

Expecting a solution. 

v-yingjl
Community Support

Hi @Jared_BI ,

Still could not reproduce it when I add a row group into the table, both of the view modes works fine.

11.png22.png

Consider whether it could be caused by the browsers, currently testing browser version: Chrome

Report builder version is the same as the previous reply.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried with Chrome and Edge but still no improvement.

Jared_BI
Regular Visitor

At least from my viewpoint the issue has spontaneously and completely resolved, no changes from my side.  Hopefully not an intermittent resolution. What are others experiencing?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am still facing the same issue. Jared_BI could you please let me know what browser you are currently using? Also, do you have the latest version of Power BI Report Builder installed ( I mean the one that was released on August 6th ).

Thank you.

Jared_BI
Regular Visitor

Hi @Anonymous  
I reproduced the issue above from the August release 2021/8/6(15.7.1678.1). 
The issue also affected reports published to the service many months ago though, from previous versions. I assumed the app version did not cause (nor did it resolve) the issue.

Tested with both Edge and Chrome with the same result.

Also tested paginated reports in Power BI dashboards. These reports were affected in the same way, whether viewing in Power BI desktop, or online.