Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Please Make Table.ExpandTableColumn type - safe.

Now, if you expand a table column, types of an inner table are lost. I.e. all the expanded columns from the inner table, appeared in the outer table after expantion, are of type any, regardless of the types of columns of the inner table.

All the types of the inner table should be transferred to columns of the outer table after expantion.

Comments
andreyminakov
Frequent Visitor

Of cource I can create a function for that, but I won't be able to use PQ UI for set up a step, and that is inconvenient 😉

andreyminakov
Frequent Visitor

It seems that such a problem takes place only in case of Expansion after Grouping

using aggregation as "All rows" or custom function with result of table type. Strange thing is that tables inside aggregated cells after such grouping steel keep correct types of columns.

If I join tables, types are safe, ie there is no the problem described above.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @andreyminakov,

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 100124951. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

andreyminakov
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, Qiuyun!

Mixednuts
Helper II

Hi all,

This is still happening in the May 2021 version of Power BI. Any ideas if and when this is likely to change?

JasperKW
Frequent Visitor

I think this is really problematic for ETL automation under multiple input date formats (under static global date format)... it needs addressing