Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PBIRS Cache Refresh Plans "something went wrong"

Hi,

I am trying to set up a KPI in a new instance of PowerBI Report Server, using the latest build (14.0.600.442). I have created a Shared Dataset which is working (I can use it through a report that uses it and it shows data correctly), however I am not able to use it for a KPI. 

If I try Data Preview & Load Data for the Shared Dataset I get "An error has occurred.
The data set could not be processed.
There was a problem getting data from the Report Server Web Service. "

If I try to Create cache refresh plan I get "An error has occurred.
Something went wrong. Please try again later. "

If I try select the Shared Dataset for a KPI value, I get "An error has occurred.
The data set could not be processed.
There was a problem getting data from the Report Server Web Service. "

Any suggestions on what could be wrong here?

Kind Regards,

Etienne

=====

Update: Info provided and issue not resolved, no accepted solution

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @etiennev,

1. Did you create any parameters in this shared dataset? Please share detail steps for us to create a shared dataset to test it on our side. 

2. Please try to restart Power BI report server service.

3. Please check if any detail error message logged in Power BI report server log files ( by default: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Report Server\PBIRS\LogFiles ). 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

etiennev
Regular Visitor

Hi,

1. There are no parameters in the dataset. I built the dataset in Visual Studio 2017 and deployed it from there. I also created a report that uses the same Shared Dataset and deployed it. When you run the report in the Web Portal, it opens and displays the correct data. I created a super simple dataset with just "Select getdate() as DateAndTime" and even that gives errors in the Web Portal when I try Data Preview and Load Data.

2. I have restarted the whole server. Behavior is exactly the same.

3. I have checked the logs and see no errors. I get the impression (thought I could be wrong) that it is a client-side error, something wrong with the web portal pages. I use IE normally, but get the same error in Chrome and Edge.

Kind Regards,

Etienne

Plantje
Helper I

I have the same issue. I have an environment with SQL server on a different machine than Power BI Report Server. If I create a schedule that goes well and I see it being created in the SQL Agent and in the ReportServer.dbo.Schedule. But I get the aforementioned error as soon as I try to create a "Scheduled refresh plan". Next to that I don't see a record being created on the ReportServer.dbo.ReportSchedule. That does work on a different machine where I have Report Server and SQL Server DB running on one machine and I am sysadmin.