Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

New workspace: unable to grant permission to a Microsoft Team group.

When I tried to add a contributor that is a group comming from a Microsoft Team, I am getting the error bellow:

Something went wrong
Couldn't update the group
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity ID: 914126f3-0ae5-4ee0-ae4b-0765664deef1
Request ID: 3ecbe83f-be40-5efd-e216-0cb220cef231
Correlation ID: 85572d0e-1900-e197-7751-d9a8626ca71f
Status code: 500
Time: Tue Sep 04 2018 10:24:40 GMT+0200 (Central European Summer Time)
Version: 13.0.6517.145
Cluster URI: https://wabi-west-us-redirect.analysis.windows.net

How can I add such groups? This would let us to share easily some Power BI reports to all members of a Team under our premium capacity.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Bikougna,

We can add security groups, distribution lists, Office 365 groups, or individuals to these workspaces as members, contributors, or admins of the new preview workspace. See: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-create-the-new-workspaces#create-one-of-the-new-ap...

In your scenario, please contact your admin to check if the team group you are using meet above requirements. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Bikougna
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

It is an Office 365 group. 

I have find a workaround:

• when copying then pasting the group, the name was automatically found but failing after a couple of seconds once clicked on Add button
  • when typing the beginning of the name of the group, and selecting it in the droplist, the name was completed automatically with same display as above but this time the adding action was working...

Regards,

Bg_

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Bikougna,

It seems you are able to add a Microsoft Team group now. May I close this thread? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Bikougna
Frequent Visitor

It would be better to try to correct that bug... but you can close it if you don't care. 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Bikougna,

It's hard to say if it's a bug as i'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side. I would suggest you create a support ticket and let the engineer look into your environment. Smiley Happy

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu