Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Line and clustered column chart secondary Y-axis toggle [bug]

For some reason today when I pull up a daily report we have on power bi and the same report on my power bi desktop the secondary Y-axis toggle is "behaving" like it is on even though it is not.  The secondary line is matching the secondary Y-axis when I want it to match the standard Y-axis.  The same report has been working since launch, but all the sudden today it's showing a secondary Y-axis even though I do not have that turned on (which is throwing the report off).  I was able to resolve this by turning it on and then back off.  Then the line was correct.  There is some sort of bug here that it acted like the toggle was on even though it was not.  

thopper_0-1661860116012.png

Hi @thopper,

Sorry, but I couldn’t replicate your issue in Power BI Desktop(Version: 2.108.825.0 64-bit, August 2022). May I know if you recreate a pbix file and create a line and clustered column chart in it, will this issue happened either? Is this issue only take places in a specific report or all the reports you create with your Power BI Desktop? If so, could you please try with other versions of Desktop?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @thopper,

Sorry, but I couldn’t replicate your issue in Power BI Desktop(Version: 2.108.825.0 64-bit, August 2022). May I know if you recreate a pbix file and create a line and clustered column chart in it, will this issue happened either? Is this issue only take places in a specific report or all the reports you create with your Power BI Desktop? If so, could you please try with other versions of Desktop?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

thopper
Regular Visitor

It is a bug.

One morning it did what I am describing.  Did it on power bi desktop and on the power bi web platform for the same report.  If I checked the checkbox to turn on secondary axis and then checked the checkbox to turn it off again it resolved the issue.  I then pushed the report so it was correct to the web.

I cannot replicate because unchecking and rechecking the box fixed the issue (I saved the report after unchecking and rechecking).  The issue occured randomly so again cannot be replicated without knowing why it started.  It would have been the exact same data so I doubt it is data related.