Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Issues 2024 Power BI Desktop Versions - Table View Broken Horizontal Scroll with arrow keys

I’ve created an account specifically to address an issue that, to my knowledge, has not yet been reported. The 2024 versions of Power BI Desktop have introduced a significant annoyance when working in Table View. My primary concern is the inability to horizontally scroll through columns using arrow keys once a DAX Calculated column is selected. Instead of scrolling, the interface randomly selects and enters the DAX formula bar, preventing further horizontal navigation. This issue also occurs when selecting a DAX Calculated column directly with the cursor, I also have some issues with the message errors telling me there is a duplicate column and the copying of a column Dax code in another Calculated column.

Due to these problems, I’ve reverted to the latest 2023 version of Power BI Desktop, where this issue is absent. The ability to smoothly scroll through columns is crucial for verifying the correctness of DAX code in tables with numerous columns. Unfortunately, the 2024 versions have made it impossible to work efficiently due to this and other issues.

I’m hoping there might be an overlooked option to restore the traditional arrow key scrolling functionality. If not, I hope the development team addresses this bug and reinstate the previous, user-friendly behavior. Thanks.

Hi @Cristian_Alzate ,

Can you provide the 2 detailed version information so we can reproduce the issue? We'll get back to the product team as soon as it's acknowledged as an issue!
Thanks in advance!

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Cristian_Alzate ,

Can you provide the 2 detailed version information so we can reproduce the issue? We'll get back to the product team as soon as it's acknowledged as an issue!
Thanks in advance!

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Cristian_Alzate

Hi Caitlyn @v-xiaoyan-msft ,

Certainly!, The issue is absent in the last 2023 Power BI Desktop version. Here are the details for the December 2023 update of Power BI:

• Version Number: 2.124.1052.0
  • Date Published: 12/18/2023

The issue is present in the latest Power BI Desktop version. Here are the details for the March 2024 update of Power BI:

• Version Number: 2.127.1080.0
  • Date Published: 03/25/2024

I believe this is the information you are looking for. Thanks for the help.