Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Issue with Power Query Editor

I have an issue when filtering data in power Query editor.

The source files is an odata feed from a time recroding application

When filtered by User Name, User ID or Date (after 01/07/2021 (1st July UK based)) the entries in the query change.

i.e. before filters applied there is a user that has time entered of 22 days on 19th july and 4.28 on 20th July, after filter applied the 19th July entry is duplciated and the 20th July entry is removed.  I.e. on visuals days changes from 26.28 to 44.

The same issue occurs when I sort descending by user ID with no filters, i.e. the data changes.  This is part of larger performance system but I have stripped down to just single query load and same issue occurs i.e. only a single data table in query so no links or joins that could be messing it up.  I am very confused, any assistnace would be greatly appreciated.

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@ColinMc 

I cannot reproduce it with the latest version. You may try adding Table.Buffer in the query.

ColinMc
Regular Visitor

@v-chuncz-msft 

I upgraded to latest version of Power BI yesterday before I raised the issue (i.e. query was built in older version but issue persists in latest).

I tried the Table.Buffer on the sort and the issue did not resolve. The step is as follows

= Table.Buffer(Table.Sort(#"Trimmed Text",{{"TimeEntryUserId", Order.Descending}}))

Before the above step the data presents correctly

ColinMc_1-1631088839398.png

In data view data shows as

ColinMc_3-1631089366257.png

However after the step is applied data changes and presents as below.

ColinMc_0-1631088701238.png

The underlying table shows following entries for id 138 after step applied

ColinMc_2-1631089018697.png

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@ColinMc 

Try to apply Table.Buffer on the previous step.

ColinMc
Regular Visitor

@v-chuncz-msft I have added the Table.Buffer to the step above, same result.

There are only 4 steps in power query editor, Source>Navigation>Trimmed Text > Sort Row and the Table.Buffer is now applied to the last 2 steps.