Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Intermittent error with little information Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'findTable')

I get this issue on pbix open but not every time I open the file. No idea what "findTable" refers to and no idea where to look for an issue.  I think I have seen an increase in this type of 

DRF_0-1712693823745.png

An error occurred while rendering the report.

JS Error Message:
Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'findTable')

Glad to share detail in a file (stack trace) as needed. 

Hi @DRF ,

Please check if you are using an older version of Power BI Desktop. If the PBIX file was created on a newer version, it might cause these errors. Try updating to the latest version of Power BI Desktop.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @DRF ,

Please check if you are using an older version of Power BI Desktop. If the PBIX file was created on a newer version, it might cause these errors. Try updating to the latest version of Power BI Desktop.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

DRF
Regular Visitor

Thanks for taking a look.

I am not sure but the issue no longer appears in my latest version of pbix.  There may have been an PBI Desktop update between when I saw it and not. I can't be sure. But the issue, for the moment is not longer being reported.  I posted it because I was curious if other had been seeing this type of intermittent errors pop up or if it was something wrong with the model.  With that little detail in the error, its hard to tell.