Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

HTML tooltips only show the data on first hover

Currently this issue should be fixed in Power BI Service, please check it again.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Have submited this issue internal to confirm(ICM:303980873), would update here as soon as possible if there is any progress about it.

Best Regards,

Marty_H
Frequent Visitor

I would like to inform on that we are facing the same issue in my company.
Thanks in advance for your help.

lbendlin
Super User

@Marty_H press the Vote button.

hashtag_pete
Helper V

Hello, 

I do have the same problem. Just want to be in the loop as well. 

Best

hashtag_pete

lbendlin
Super User

@hashtag_pete press the vote button

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Since Power BI Service has been udpated and this visual is a custom visual, so it may could not be shown correctly in Power BI Service.

Perhaps need to contact the publisher of this custom visual if necessary.

vyingjl_0-1651111708592.png

Best Regards,

kennykho
Regular Visitor

Hello, I have notice all the custom visual have this similar issue.

Marty_H
Frequent Visitor

Power BI support has come back to me telling me it's not related to Power BI.
They want me to contact the publishers of the visual.
So I also raised the issue on the HTML visual Github page: https://github.com/dm-p/powerbi-visuals-html-content/issues/61

lbendlin
Super User

@v-yingjl 

"Since Power BI Service has been udpated and this visual is a custom visual, so it may could not be shown correctly in Power BI Service."

Updated with what?  We have no visibility whatsoever on what changed with each service update. So we don't know if this is intentionally (tightening security?) or inadvertently.  The mere fact that the functionality still works (albeit only the first time)  would hint that it is not a security improvement but rather a goof-up.

We have started running our own forensics on this but it's a lot of poking in the dark at the moment.

lbendlin_0-1651151827510.png

dm-p
Super User

As the author of HTML Content, I can confirm that this doesn't just happen with my visual. I can repro with others - please refer to this comment in my repo, which also shows it happening with Bullet Chart by OKViz.