Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Gateway is not coming as Optional in Power BI services

Hello Team,

I have published a report that is using online data sources(Snowflake and Sharepoint) . I need a gateway for one of the online data sources and then the other one is also asking for a gateway.

sonaliverma_1-1677139355351.png

Hi @sonaliverma ,

We saw that your reports are coming from two different data sources and you need to configure gateways for each of them. Please add credentials about Snowflake in Manage Gateway.

Also,You can use the on-premises data gateway to merge or append on-premises and cloud data sources in the same query. This solution is helpful when you want to combine data from multiple sources without having to use separate queries.

Merge or append on-premises and cloud data sources - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @sonaliverma ,

We saw that your reports are coming from two different data sources and you need to configure gateways for each of them. Please add credentials about Snowflake in Manage Gateway.

Also,You can use the on-premises data gateway to merge or append on-premises and cloud data sources in the same query. This solution is helpful when you want to combine data from multiple sources without having to use separate queries.

Merge or append on-premises and cloud data sources - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

sonaliverma
Advocate I

Hello,

I don't want gateway for both of the sources. Both are cloud data sources and we are not doing any merge.

If I create gateway for one of the source due to privacy then other cloud data source is also asking me to create gateway