Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Forever stuck in "Working on it"

With the Feb 2023 update, making changes to measures seems to often result in the 'Working on it' message that never ends.  The only way to get out of it is to is kill all Power BI processes thru task manager, which is not ideal.    

Hi @sjs210 ,

I did a simple test but did not reproduce your problem.
My version of the test:2.114.664.0 64-bit (February 2023)
Do you have multiple complex logical operations in your report? Can you click on Performance Analysis in Power BI Desktop to see if a certain measure is causing these problems?

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @sjs210 ,

I did a simple test but did not reproduce your problem.
My version of the test:2.114.664.0 64-bit (February 2023)
Do you have multiple complex logical operations in your report? Can you click on Performance Analysis in Power BI Desktop to see if a certain measure is causing these problems?

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Bherrington
Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue since mid last week.  Tried uninstalling PBI Desktop and reinstalling.  Tried opening PBIX on different machine with no luck.  It seems when I interact with the PBI Desktop interface "Working on it" popup hangs.

Bherrington
Regular Visitor

I just ran performance analyzer.  I am not receiving the "Working on it" however the table is in a perpetual state of updating after creating 3 measures...  The first 2 measures were added to the Matrix.  Makes no sense as the new measure field (3rd Measure) is not added to the table.  Had to use task manager to end Power BI Desktop.

Version: 2.114.664.0 64-bit (February 2023)