Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Filter not working in Matrix Visual

Hi Team,

I have created a visual for correlation between product families to find out which 2 families are ordered together.

X and Y axes have product families and cells contain the count of orders when these two product families were ordered together. However when i filter the count of orders , the filter gets applied at a row level and not just at the cells.

Below is the visual without any filter

No Filter 1.PNGNo Filter.PNG

Filter of count of orders > 4 is applied to above visual. As it is seen values 3 and 1 are also visible. The cause is that  for e.g. Media and Play & Fun have a count of 4. Hence Media cannot be eliminated from product families. Now power bi shows all product families that have a correlation with media irrespective of the value is > or <=4.

Kindly help with this issue.

Regards,

Prabha

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @prabha81088,

I already reported this issue: CRI 28791090. Will update here once get any feedback.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @prabha81088,

I got the information that this is by design.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

ahpotts
Regular Visitor

Hi Prabha,

Sorry to trouble you, but i would like to create a similar matrix to show me when Product Categories are purchased on the same order.

Would you be able to help me by telling how you have done this or what is used in the value column of the matrix?  Do you need to define a measure?

I have tried to use a count of the order number but it doesn't appear to work

Your help would be much appreciated

Kind Regards

Andrew

prabha81088
Frequent Visitor

Hi Andrew,

TO create a matrix to show when Product Categories are purchased on the same order you will have to modify the data. You will have to create a self join on your Order_Data(Table name).

Select * from Order_Data Alias 1, Order Data Alias 2where 

Alias 1.Order ID=Alias 2.Order ID

And

Alias 1.Product Category<Alias 2.Product Category

You can then plot product category from the resuting table on X and Y axes and then use Count distinct of orders or Count of records to see how many they were ordered together.

Regards,

Prabha

ahpotts
Regular Visitor

Many thanks for your help. I'll give it a go

Regards

Andrew

Magalie

Hello,

I am working on projects with sensitive health data which require to be anonymized.

For that to happen, I applied a filter on the aggregate to only show totals above 5. In a Table visual, the filter works but in the matrix view which is much better to use for research purpose, the filter doesn't work as mentionned in the discussion here.

I am on the latest version of PowerBi Desktop and it still doesn't apply this filter which is, to me, clearly a bug on the visual. Any idea if/when it will be fixed? Having an alternative option doesn't resolve the current issue specific to this visual.

Thank you for your help.