Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Failed to register new gateway

Hello,

I am getting this error when try to register new gateway on my server :

Failed to update gateway details. Please try again. This request operation sent to net.pipe://localhost/powerbi/gatewayconfiguration/service did not receive a reply within the configured timeout (00:01:00). The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout. This may be because the service is still processing the operation or because the service was unable to send a reply message. Please consider increasing the operation timeout (by casting the channel/proxy to IContextChannel and setting the OperationTimeout property) and ensure that the service is able to connect to the client. Server stack trace: at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DuplexChannelBinder.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message) Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type) at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.InternalContracts.IGatewayConfigurationService.UpdateGatewayConfiguration(UpdateGatewayConfigurationRequest request) at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.GatewayClient.GatewayConfigurationClient.UpdateGatewayConfiguration(UpdateGatewayConfigurationRequest request)

I tries the following with no luck:

1. Change the service account to use Admin user account
  2. I got true in TcpTestSucceeded when execute the following command
    Test-NetConnection -ComputerName watchdog.servicebus.windows.net -Port 9350

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@mtaraby

Could you please try to modify the Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.GatewayCore.dll.config file by changing the value from AutoDetect to Https, as shown in the code snippet directly. That file is located (by default) at C:\Program Files\On-premises data gateway.

<setting name="ServiceBusSystemConnectivityModeString" serializeAs="String">
    <value>Https</value>
</setting>

Then restart the on-premises gateway to register again.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info