Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Export to PowerPoint expands visuals and adds scroll bars

When exporting to PowerPoint, Power BI is expanding the crosstab visuals, and adding scroll bars, so the all of the data cannot be seen.

Here is what it looks like in the service:

Service.jpg 

You can see that there are no scroll bars and the rows line up with the colored category on the left, which is an image.

When I export this to PowerPoint, it looks like:

PowerPoint.jpg

It enlarges the rows so they no longer fit on the page, which is the default 16:9, and the rows no longer line up with the colored categories on the left.

This just started this month. Have exported for the last several months, with no issues. The last edit was 3 months ago.

I appologize, but I will not be able to share the model. It contains sensitive information.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @mmyers2,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side. Please test with our report on your side to see if the same issue occurs.

w1.PNG

Do you do any in-session interactivity such as highlighting and filtering, drill-down, and so on before exporting the report to PowerPoint? As the exported PowerPoint shows the original visuals as they were saved in the report, please ensure you don't do any interactive steps with the report before exporting. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

mmyers2
Advocate I

@v-qiuyu-msft

The issue did not occur with your model.

Don't have any highlighting, filtering, drill-downs, or anything else before exporting. Just exporting as it was saved and published to the service.

I was able to reproduce with a mocked up model.

LINK

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @mmyers2,

Thank you for your file. I have reported this issue internally: CRI 89234525, will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @mmyers2,

PG team filed a new bug in the backlog that needs to be prioritized accordingly. 

To work around the issue currently, you can increase the height of the visual and without vertical scroll bar. You can test with this report in Chrome browser on your side. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu