Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Excel Won't Refresh in Online Service

Excel workbook started failing refresh on 9-5-18, in the online service/app workspace. I can 'edit in excel' locally and refresh the dataset fine, but it won't refresh online either scheduled or manual. It only churns for a second or two then fails. Excel refresh online was broken in May, July, and now September this year. Also fails online with or without using a gateway.

The error message:
ExcelRefreshError9-6-18.PNGExcelRefreshHistory9-6-18.PNG

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @vpray,

I have tested on my side, but not able to reproduce the issue. I have sent a email to consult this issue internally, will back once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @vpray,

Would you please double check the data sources credentials? I would suggest you reenter the credential for data sources then refresh manually again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @vpray,

From the internal trace, there is a error from AAD side ( Exception object created: Microsoft.ASAzure.AzureActiveDirectoryClient.AzureActiveDirectoryClientException: Request to Azure Active Directory Failed(wrapped: AdalServiceException/AADSTS50158: External security challenge not satisfied ), I don't have AAD team contact information to investigate further. I would suggest you create a support ticket to get dedicated support. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu