Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Enable approvals prior to a published Power BI is available to a workspace.

I would like workflow to enable approvals before a Power BI becomes available in a workspace for all users to see.

Comments
v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you mean when a user who is not a member of one app workspace  attempts to view the workspace content, he needs to submit permission request to admin? Please provide more detailed description about your question.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Yuliana,

Not exactly, I mean I would like members of a worgroup to go through an approval process before thier Power BI's are visible to other workgroup members. For example, I create a Power BI and publish it to a workspace but before any other members of that workspace can see it, an admin must approve it's publishing to the wider group.

Regards,

Randy

v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi @Anonymous ,

I'm afraid such a requirement is not available now. You may need to submit a feature request at ideas page.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Diegoscm

Hi Yuliana Gu , 
Is there a solution of when a user who is not a member of one app workspace  attempts to view the workspace content, he needs to submit permission request to admin?
I was thinking on use Power app in order to design a workflow, maybe using Approvals or some app similar to automate access process, capturing approve evidences and on the end it would update PBI app workspace permission, allowing the user to access the workspace requested accor. 
Is there some solution similar? or any guide that you can sugest me ? 
Any help will be helpfull, Thanks in advance for your attention .  

HariniSheshadri
Frequent Visitor

Even am looking for something of an approval cycle to publish the reports. 

Once I create/make any changes on the report, I would like to bring in an approval process before the report could get published. 

Do we have any such inbuilt functionality in Power BI to set the created reports for review and approval?