Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Do I need another version of PowerBI to share a report, I currently have PowerBI Pro.

I am trying to share a PowerBI report company-wide, we tested the reports with people who had the free version, and opened fine. However, when it was rolled out they tried to open the report and got an error message or a request for permission or they were asked to log in.

After a few tries the report opens just fine.

I was reading several articles and it says that if they have the free version they will be able to view it, others say they all need the pro version, we don't want to share to collaborate, we only need it for the people at work to view the information and do basic navigating. 

I already checked the permissions and anyone under the company's domain should have access to view it.

Is the free version enough for what we need to accomplish? if so, are the error messages a glitch or is there something else we need to do?

Hi  @kvilleda 

It depends on how you are sharing it. If you are sharing the report directly to other users, they also need a Pro license to access the report .

Share Power BI reports and dashboards with coworkers and others - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If you share report via publish to web , the users can access the report without license requirements .

Publish to web from Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If you want to learn more about shareing report to your users , you can refer to the following document .

Ways to collaborate and share in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi  @kvilleda 

It depends on how you are sharing it. If you are sharing the report directly to other users, they also need a Pro license to access the report .

Share Power BI reports and dashboards with coworkers and others - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If you share report via publish to web , the users can access the report without license requirements .

Publish to web from Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If you want to learn more about shareing report to your users , you can refer to the following document .

Ways to collaborate and share in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao