Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Desktop does not show icons for visual imported from AppSource

Hello, when I import a visual from AppSource, the icon does not appear in the toolbox and therefore I am unable to use the visual.

After clicking "Get more visuals" and choosing one in the AppSource dialog, I get a messagebox saying "The visual was successfully imported". However, there is no icon for this newly imported visual. 

I have the latest Power BI Desktop app installed from the Microsoft Store October 2021. I am creating a new report from sample data. A coworker has the same issue on their machine.

Screencam:

PBIdesktop.gif

Comments
v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi,

Unfortunately, I can’t reproduce the same issue as yours.

I can successfully import the same custom visual as yours and see the visual icon in the right:

vrobertqmsft_0-1634278883912.png

Therefore, I suggest you to update to the latest version of the Power BI desktop and check if this problem can disappear.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

danmarshall
Employee

Hi Robert, thank you for looking into this. I have uninstalled the Microsoft Store version, and then installed the latest version from the link you provided. I still see the same issue. Perhaps it has something to do with my user account?

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating