Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Deleted report still appearing "Recent" tab

Hi,

Our clients are complaining that some underlying reports of shared dashboards that were then deleted are still visible in their "Recent" tab. Hence, this is really confusing for the end users who click on the deleted reports and receive "Sorry, we couldn't find that report. It may have been deleted or you may not have access to view it." because they think then that the reports aren't working.

We should be able at least to remove from the list those deleted reports or they should be automatically removed from the "Recent" tab.

Comments
BenSensdat
Regular Visitor

In addition, if the access to a shared dashboard is deleted but the underlying report is still visible in the "Recent" tab the user can still access the underlying report which can be a huge security issue. I tested 30 minutes ago this so maybe removing the access to the underlying report takes actually more time.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @BenSensdat,

Regarding the first issue, you can vote this same idea: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/17419399-set-a-different-number-o...

Regarding the second issue, do you mean after delete the report then cancel access of the related dashboard with recipients, the recipients still can access report from Recent tab? It would be better if you could elaborate this. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

BenSensdat
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

For the 1st point, I've already voted for this but I hope it will be updated soon because it's really confusing for our users and much-needed feature and it seems to be pretty simple to implement.

Regarding the second point, if I pin live a report in a dashboard and share it to a user (using the share option on the dashboard not via a workspace or an app) and then decide to remove its access to the dashboard, the linked report will still be listed in the "Recent" tab (first only the dashboard is appearing in the "Recent" tab until the user click on it to access the report which will then be listed in the "Recent" tab as well). After the access has been removed, the user won't see the dashboard in the "Recent" tab anymore but it will still see the linked report and by clicking on it will access it even if it shouldn't be the case. The report has not been deleted because it's still in use by other users only the access to the dashboard has been removed.

Hope that helps to understand the problem.

Kind regards,

Ben

gvg
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Can't believe it but five years later the problem is still there. Entries in Recent tab won't go away even if admin removes the workspace. How one can trust new Microsoft products if they can not fix the old ones?