Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Date slicer

I have a report where there are two slicers and a table. In two slicers there is the same field "Date" (one slicer is a "drop down" type and the other is a "between" type).

In this report there are two fields:

• "Date" is a date type that contains all days of a month.
  • "Val" is an int type just to provide data to table

Two slciers are linked each other. If I set "Date" in drop-down slicer, the table and the "Date" in between slicer show the right data.

When I set manually the "Date" in between slicer's textbox, the data shown is always correct in table; but the "Date" in drop-donw slicer is no longer linked to "Date" between slicer.

Now if I set "Date" in drop-down slicer, the table whenever shows the right data, but "Date" in between slicer's textboxes always show the date that I set manually before. This happens only if I set "Date" from between slicer.

Comments
v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @bolo,

I'm afraid this is by design. The "Between" type gives the users ability to set it manually. If we open the option "Edit Interactions", we will find the "Between" type is independent by default.

If you still want to change this behaviour, I would suggest you create an idea here.

Date_slicer

Best Regards,

Dale