Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Dataflow error on update

This problem start ocurring today and we still couldn't fix it or find the source of the error.

IanCarvalho_0-1647867485408.png

There is no description of the problem even when we download the excel.
Some BIs that don't use de dataflow are working normally.

I have tried to create a new dataflow with Access Database as the data source and refreshed it by manually and scheduled, both of them are refreshed successfully.

vyingjl_0-1648102216319.png

As I previous reply, have you tried to configure a gateway for it when creating this dataflow and refresh it.

vyingjl_1-1648102330763.png

If it still could be refreshed, perhaps you may wait or IT aproval to transfer or DB to SQL like your said.

In addition, due to the community limitation, you can create a support ticket here about this issue for further help if you have a Pro license and this issue is urgent for you.

vyingjl_2-1648102462188.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

When these dataflows refresh failed, were there any error messages about it in this issue?

In addition, you can consider provide more information about these dataflows that which workspaces are the dataflows in, pro or premiuim or others; the data sources of these dataflows; the location of yours etc.

Best Regards,

IanCarvalho
Regular Visitor

We are all pro users here, only one workspace is being used.

We use several datasources, microsoft Access, excel, sharepoint, SQL...

Se far we tested most of our sources and i believe the error happen because of some interaction with our data on Access. When we update manually the .pbix files they work properly, but when we publish and try to refresh then online or via teams the same error occurs. 

The error message that we receive for downloading the excel is "Error: Erro não especificado Request ID: 2d6df565-cefa-9af6-cdc1-9cde9521b586 Activity ID: 7fcca5ff-d108-45ca-934b-1b5efb70da41"
Let me know if is there anymore info that could help.

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating
Se far we tested most of our sources and i believe the error happen because of some interaction with our data on Access. 

Could you explain more about 'intercation with data on Acceess' in this issue?

In addition, if you think it happens on your Access DB, have you tried to create a new dataflow with the same Aceess DB as the data source to check whether it could be refreshed successfully. Configure a gateway for it to test if necessary.

Best Regards,

IanCarvalho
Regular Visitor

We were using microsoft access in one of our dataflows. We change the DB from Access to Excel and it work normally, today we are wainting or IT aproval to transfer or DB to SQL like most of our data.

The problem that we had only happen with Microsoft Access, the dataflow that use it didnt refresh and the BIs that had the DB directly on then (without the dataflow) didnt work either.

I observed that when we refreshed the BIs directly from the .pbix file (without dataflow) instead of refresing it online ( on app.powerbi.com or on microsoft teams) the update worked.

We also tried to make a new flow with the same DB as well but it didn't work.

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

I have tried to create a new dataflow with Access Database as the data source and refreshed it by manually and scheduled, both of them are refreshed successfully.

vyingjl_0-1648102216319.png

As I previous reply, have you tried to configure a gateway for it when creating this dataflow and refresh it.

vyingjl_1-1648102330763.png

If it still could be refreshed, perhaps you may wait or IT aproval to transfer or DB to SQL like your said.

In addition, due to the community limitation, you can create a support ticket here about this issue for further help if you have a Pro license and this issue is urgent for you.

vyingjl_2-1648102462188.png

Best Regards,

IanCarvalho
Regular Visitor

Honestly we did know what happened. We tried to create a new dataflow, but not a new gateway...

We changed the DB to excel for a few days and it worked fine, now we already transfered everything to SQL and is also working.

We tried to bring this up just in case this happened to someone else, but it was easy to fix (we just exchange databases).

Thanks for the help Yingjie Li!