Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Data source connection Issue

Hi, I have been using Power BI Desktop without any problem until now, a few days ago i connect to my Azure database but now when i try to connect and load my table in Power BI i receive this error. "Unexpected error: The specified key does not have a valid size for this algorithm."

I googled so much but any solution found. Please help! Other mates can connect and use the same data but i receive this message. Reinstall PowerBi doesnt resolve the problem.

Thank you. Oscar.

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@kadee15

Can other mates connect to the same Azure database with the same account in Power BI Desktop installed on their own machines?

Best Regards,

Herbert

kadee15
Regular Visitor

@v-haibl-msft Exactly, they can connect with any PowerBI account (same and own) on their machines. I can connect to Azure and select table what i am going to use then error appears.

This  is the PowerBI Desktop error: "Unexpected error: The specified key does not have a valid size for this algorithm. Parameter name: key."

PBIDesktop error.png

Even when i try to use or delete the dataset published on PowerBI Web i have this error. "Can't load the model."

PBIWeb error.jpg

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@kadee15

I suggest you to create a support ticket at http://support.powerbi.com (see bottom of page) since it is machine specific.

Best Regards,

Herbert

kadee15
Regular Visitor

Ill do then, so much thanks mate 😃 @v-haibl-msft

BrianFleming
Frequent Visitor

Any luck with this? Having the same issue.