Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Custom Visuals Persistent Filters in App are broken

When publishing a report (connected to a dataset in the same workspace), persistent filters are not working in the app for our custom visuals.

They are working when used in a report page for the same dataset shown in the app.

They also work fine when just viewing the report directly in the workspace.

Why would persistent filters no longer work when published to an app?

jspwilli_2-1661872731778.png

jspwilli_1-1661872717287.png

Hi @jspwilli

Please correct me if I wrongly understood your issue .

You created a report in Desktop and applied the persistent filters . Then you published the report to Service , and created an app . Persistent filters worked well in app . Then you created a report in Service with the shared dataset in the same workspace , and updated the app , but persistent filters didn't work , right ? 

I tested it as I understood it , enabled persistent filters , published the report to the app , and tested it in the app , when I filtered the data, then switched to other reports , and then switched back to the filtered one report, all filters are gone .

Recording 2022-08-31 at 11.28.49.gif

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @jspwilli

Please correct me if I wrongly understood your issue .

You created a report in Desktop and applied the persistent filters . Then you published the report to Service , and created an app . Persistent filters worked well in app . Then you created a report in Service with the shared dataset in the same workspace , and updated the app , but persistent filters didn't work , right ? 

I tested it as I understood it , enabled persistent filters , published the report to the app , and tested it in the app , when I filtered the data, then switched to other reports , and then switched back to the filtered one report, all filters are gone .

Recording 2022-08-31 at 11.28.49.gif

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

jspwilli
Helper I

Hi Ailsa. sounds like you understand but your video isn't right.
Persistent filters is enabled on all.

jspwilli_0-1661936555092.png

Here's a video

Recording 2022-08-31 at 10.55.35.gif

Every time you navigate back to the report in the app, the filters are lost.
Why does it work in a workspace but not in the app?